Business Delegation from SingaporeMarch 10, 2020
Peach Cream Cheese BreadMay 26, 2020
The perfect sweet snack for all seasons!
What you need for 8 muffins:
For the muffins:
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cans sliced peaches in light syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- We preheat our oven to 180°C (or 375º F) and prepare a large muffin tin with 8 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and whisk them together.
- Add the peaches, reserving about 3/4 cup for topping the muffins.
- We add the milk, egg and oil and stir together with a rubber spatula just until the flour disappears.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups evenly (about 3/4 full).
- For the topping, combine the flour, the sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and stir. Then add the cold butter in chunks.
- We top the muffins with the remaining pieces of peaches, and a spoonful of the streusel topping.
- We bake at 180°C (or 375º F) for about 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly golden brown.